The ideal candidate is a trained accountant/bookkeeper with some CPA /CA/ CGA firm experience and knowledge in Caseware and taxprep.
Fruitman Kates LLP a growing 8 partner CPA CA firm is seeking a qualified Accounting Technician to join their growing teams immediately. We are looking for an Accountant/Bookkeeper/Technician to to assist the tax/compliance partner with her robust owner-managed client base.
Skills and Experience
Specific skills required include:
- Bookkeeping experience with software packages such as Quickbooks, Simply Accounting,
- Ability to prepare year end files for partner review including all year end accruals, analysis, tax provisions, etc
- Experience in preparing T4s, T5s, T3, HST / GST returns partnership returns (T5013)
- Experience in personal tax preparation
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to function in a paperless environment
- Willingness to take on various tasks and manage a number of assignments at any one time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office including word, excel
- Knowledge in investment accounting a definite asset.
- Provide support to clients on general questions regarding year end and bookkeeping issues
- Complete working paper files for compilation including all required forms, draft financial statements and corporate tax returns.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post secondary education in accounting
- Two or more years experience in a public accounting firm is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs (Excel and Word)
- Proficiency in accounting related software (AccPac, Simply Accounting, Quickbooks)
- Previous experience in Caseware/CaseView or Taxprep computer programs will be considered an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks.