CPA, CA, Partner
David began his employment with Fruitman Kates LLP in November 1988 under the tutelage of A. Martin Fruitman (founding partner) and became a partner in 1994. For over 28 years David has enjoyed the multitude of professional relationships he has cultivated with his clients and enjoys coming to the office every day. It is not uncommon to find David at his desk by 7:00am, 6 days a week.
David’s practice includes clients in real estate, manufacturing, wholesale, IT, entertainment, limited market dealers, estates and trusts, and professional practices and specializes in non-resident taxation of inbound corporations and individuals. He represents approximately 80% of live theatre coming to Canada ensuring their tax compliance is in order with the Canada Revenue Agency.
David currently is a Vice Chair with the Aliyah Division of the United Jewish Appeal, is an avid music lover, and when not found in the office, he is usually on the golf course.
Education and Professional Associations
- Chartered Professional Accountant, Ontario, Canada (1992)
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario (1992)
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Canada (1992)
- Commodity Tax Symposium, CICA (1992)
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Toronto, (1984)