Senior Staff Accountant
About Fruitman Kates LLP
Fruitman Kates LLP is a boutique mid-market leader in assurance, advisory and taxation services. Guided by our core principles of high-quality work, exceptional client service and integrity we service business across a broad spectrum of size and sophistication, ranging from large owner-managed companies to emerging enterprises. Our divergent clientele spans all sectors of the Southern Ontario economy, including; retail, wholesale, property development, construction, professional services, and the food and beverage industries. Specifically, the firm is recognized as a leading choice in the real estate, live-entertainment and boutique investment fund industries.
About the Fruitman Kates LLP team
Fruitman Kates LLP serves as auditors and accountants to private enterprises across Ontario. We strive to provide our clients with unparalleled financial advice with respect to assurance and advisory, taxation, risk management, succession planning, internal controls, and business optimization. We believe our success in exceeding our clients’ expectations is derived from our unwavering commitment to high-quality work, an open and positive work environment and ensuring our team members are provided with the ability to obtain experience and expertise across the entire spectrum of professional services provided by the firm.
As a senior staff accountant at Fruitman Kates LLP you will be involved in assignments from inception to completion. Our open work environment ensures that you always work closely with managers and partners. As such, successful candidates should expect to receive timely, consistent and accurate feedback and mentoring with respect to your performance and career growth.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Planning, performing and completing assurance engagements – typically reviews and audits under ASPE or IFRS
- Preparing notice to readers – inclusive of required excise and/or information returns
- Preparing corporate and personal income tax returns – inclusive of any related tax planning
A successful candidate will possess:
- Undergraduate degree in a business program with an accounting major
- A minimum 1 year of post CPA qualification experience
- Experience with Caseview, Caseware, Taxprep, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to mentor junior staff
To apply for this opportunity please address your cover letter to Clayton Reynolds, CPA, CA and email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]