Tax Manager / Senior Tax Manager
Fruitman Kates LLP is currently looking for a Tax Manager / Senior Tax Manager to join our tax team full time.
Our tax department is a cohesive team that engages in compliance and tax planning projects, while also assisting the audit and assurance team of the firm with their tax related matters. This is an opportunity to work one-on-one with the tax partners on complex tax engagement.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Prepare tax planning memos and assist the partners with the planning and implementing the plan
- Research and resolve various tax issues
- Acquisition structuring and due diligence
- Review complex personal, corporate, trust, and partnership tax returns
- Corresponding with Canada Revenue Agency in respect to various client tax matters
- Assist our clients with their income tax and GST/HST audits
- Effectively communicate with partners regarding progress updates and issues on an ongoing basis
- Continue to develop technical skills by remaining up to date on trends, new developments and tax authority decisions, and apply them daily
- Mentoring and training staff
A Successful Candidate will Possess:
- CPA designation
- Completion of the In-Depth Tax Course
- Experience with tax planning for Canadian Controlled Private Corporations and their shareholders
- Minimum of 5 years of Canadian tax experience working in a public accounting firm
- Experience with HST is an asset
- Superior work ethic and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to learn and research
Please contact Derek Wagar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to apply or for additional information.