Job Title: Tax Specialist
Fruitman Kates LLP is currently looking for a Tax Specialist to join our tax team full time.
Our tax department is a cohesive team that engages in compliance and tax planning projects, while also assisting the audit and assurance team of the firm with their tax related matters. This is an opportunity to work one-on-one with the managers and partners and learn the key fundamentals of Canadian tax.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Preparation of complex personal, corporate, trust, partnership and HST tax returns
- Preparation of various tax reporting slips and election forms
- Corresponding with Canada Revenue Agency in respect to various client tax matters
- Assisting staff with miscellaneous tax projects and researching for various tax issues for personal and corporate clients
- Assist our clients with their income tax audits by various taxation authorities
- Effectively communicate with managers and partners regarding progress updates and issues on an ongoing basis
- Develop technical skills by remaining up to date on trends, new developments, and tax authority decisions, and apply them daily
- Mentoring and training co-ops and junior staff
A Successful Candidate will Possess:
- CPA designation
- Accounting or Business degree
- Commitment to pursue the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Canadian tax experience working in a public accounting firm
- Understanding of relevant corporate, personal, trust and HST legislation
- Experience with TaxPrep and CaseWare is an asset
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to learn and research
- Superior work ethic and problem solving skills
Please contact Derek Wagar ([email protected]) to apply or for additional information.