CPA, CA, Tax Partner
Mac Killoran joined Fruitman Kates in April 2013 to head up the firm’s tax group. Mac specializes in executing strategies to minimize tax and is well versed in corporate tax compliance, partnership tax reporting, personal tax compliance, cross-border, commodity tax (GST/HST), and CRA disputes. Mac prides himself in his ability to offer clients peace of mind knowing that all possible filing positions have been considered without leaving any capital on the table.
Prior to joining the team at Fruitman Kates, Mac worked in mid-market public accounting since graduating university. He also worked at his family business, Weber’s, a well-known Muskoka destination and has acquired core knowledge of the business strategies and communication for small to medium privately owned businesses.
Mac is an active member and past director of The Badminton and Racquet Club of Toronto and is part of an advisory committee for a public Charitable foundation.
Education and Professional Associations
- Chartered Professional Accountant, Ontario, Canada 2007;
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Commercial Studies, Huron University College, Western University, 2004;
- Diploma in Accounting, The University of Western, Ontario 2004
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario 2004
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Canada 2004
- Non- Resident HST 2011
- In-Depth GST/HST 2010
- In-Depth Tax Course 2008 and 2009